The Lycoming County Library System uses the free Libby app for readers to borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines from one of the six libraries in Lycoming County.
Libby can be installed from the Apple App Store or Google Play as a free app. The benefits of using Libby include:
· Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more cards for each library.
· Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
· If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.
· All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
· Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
· Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
· Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete.
· Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio.
A link to get the free Libby app is available at https://libbyapp.com/library/ebranch2go .
Pennsylvania residents also are eligible for a free digital library card through the Free Library of Philadelphia to access their Libby collection. For more information, visit https://www.freelibrary.org/ and click “get a library card” and select the “online” option to get a card.
If you have questions about using Libby, contact Sue Mayshock, the audiovisual specialist at the James V. Brown Library, by calling 570-326-0536. One-on-one appointments to work with your device are available.
The Lycoming County Library System is compromised of the Hughesville Public Library, Jersey Shore Public Library, James V. Brown Library, Konkle Memorial Library, Montgomery Public Library, and the Muncy Public Library. Visit www.lycolibrary.org for more information.